Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Our new street name...

So, our street is named after some numerical configuration that helps anyone be able to locate it.  However, as practical as street numbers have been in the past, I think we are ready for change.  We have decided that it would only be appropriate for our street to be renamed "Alaskan Way".  It's the strangest thing...it snows and blizzards and blows and snows some more, on our street.  Then, we decide to brave the world and leave "Alaskan Way", and to our surprise:  IT IS NOT SNOWING, BLIZZARDING, BLOWING, or anything else of the like anywhere else EXCEPT on our street!  Go figure!  Thus, the urgent and necessary name change.  
Here is adorable Josh, up to his waist in the glorious snow!
It's a good thing we can send communication via email, because the postal system is not currently very practical...
Jeremy is 5'11"...and the pile of snow behind him is catching up very quickly!
And, somewhere behind this beautiful mountain o' snow is where we live.  Our boys LOVE to sled down our crazy hill on the side of our house.  So, all of this snow brings them great joy and satisfaction.  I have not (and probably WILL not) document any sledding adventures through pictures, however.  They are crazy dare-devils out there and some things are better for a mother not to see.  
Anyways, here's what has been happening lately on "Alaskan Way"!

4 comments:

Randi said...

THAT is exactly why I live in TEXAS!

B said...

Are those pics current as of the last couple of days or when did you take them? That is a whole ton of snow!! Unlike our dear Texan Randi-I am thoroughly JEALOUS!! I love the snow. We however, are getting a mix of it all. ewe gross. In 2 hours today at the salon I watched through the window 5 different types of weather: sunny, rain, sleet, hail, snow and all of which were accompanied by blazing wind! but I loke the idea of Alaskan Way, cuz you are right, it does seem to only happen on "our" street. *I'm thinking nostalgically* love you snow people

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, I would love it if you could send some our way, and stop hogging it all!

Kevin and Emily said...

It snows SO MUCH on that street. I miss all of my friends there, but I don't miss all of that crazy snow.(=