Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The value of silverware...

We had a great dinner last week for Family Home Evening.  We took the opportunity to try to instill a little bit more appreciation in our children for silverware! (which some of our boys have had little or no use for up to this point!)  We chose the craziest utensils we could find in our house and numbered them.  Then, everyone picked a number out of a bag, and VOILA!  Silverware Gratitude 101 began...

Jer sporting his sweet whisk!


What a sight to behold!  We couldn't tell if it was all that hard to eat using our ridiculous utensils because we spent most of the meal laughing!

Shovel it in Landon!  (1/3 cup at a time!)

Wesley was a pro with his avocado slicer and potato masher... He actually totally surprised us all as the most talented participant in our crazy dinner!

How about a tea strainer, anyone?  Josh thought it was quite convenient, actually!

Angela looked dainty with her toothpicks and mini spatula!

Jacquie was left with the salad tongs, which proved to be a rather tidy experience surprisingly enough!

Overall, we had a totally fun and memorable experience.  Now, do our boys appreciate silverware anymore than they did before?  I doubt it... But, I am sure we will always remember our desperate efforts nevertheless!

8 comments:

B said...

i love it!! that's why the boys were digging out the crazy utensils for dinner the other night. Now I understand. You guys are sure thinkers. thanks for letting us shack up with you this weekend. i loved spending time with you and "dancing" with the babies. love you!!!

Randi said...

You guys are so creative! You should do a write up for the Friend with all your wonderfully fun family ideas. You are so creative. We had a BLAST visiting you all. I loved spending Tuesday night with you! Now, stop reading this stupid comment and go watch Enchanted! LOVE YOU!

Randi said...

hi josh

sierra
p.s. not randi

McPherson family said...

Hey Jacquie,
This is Julie Smith. I just found your blog. I hope you don't mind. I had fun seeing your family. I have never met your husband nor your kids and so it was fun to see your beautiful family. You really have your hands full. I can tell your family is truely a blessing to you. Your babies are beautiful. I am glad they are healthy.
Julie

Jennis said...

Hey Jacquie it took me a second to figure out what Jacquies do i know?? and you are the only one. I love your enthusiasm for Family home evening, those are the memories that life is built on. Way to go. I think I will steal that one when my kids get out of hand. You are just as beautiful as ever, and equally amazing for handling three bitties and a set of twins. Jared tells me that you had them all naturally on top of it all. when you get called up to be the general primary president of the church I will smile and say I grew up with her!! :) I won't be the least bit surprised when it happens. Good thing we only recieve revelation for ourselves cause that is the one I would say is in store for you. good to hear from you. I am going to check back on here for more of Jenna's wedding pictures those look like they are all going to be amazing.

Zach said...

Hi Jacquie!
I'm glad you found me! What a pleasant surprise!that activity with the silverware looks like it was way fun! keep in touch!

Kevin and Emily said...

What a fun FHE! I will have to remember this one when our kids get older. Hope you guys are all doing well.

jbuppin said...

Is this the Jeremy Ostler who served a LDS mission in Toronto, Canada in the mid 1990's? If so, we are having a mission reunion with the Potters' on Oct. 3rd in Park City. I know this is a little bit late of a notice, but we are still trying to find missionaries. You can contact me at ctwm9295@gmail if so for more information if you'd like it.

Thanks,
J'Lene Olson
CTWM 94-95