Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Oh Jackson...

The time has finally come for Jackson to have an all-out haircut.  He has had trims up to this point, but he is really quite a hairy little fellow.  So, Jeremy and I embarked on our daring adventure and started his haircut.  Here's his before shot...
He was so incredibly wiggly that I was certain this was going to be a disaster of a haircut.   But, then something incredible happened.  We got the clippers out to "buzz" the back and he didn't move a muscle the entire rest of his haircut.  Our other boys have all wiggled even more the moment they felt the buzzer for the first time.  But Jackson was so intrigued by his new "massage" that he stayed perfectly still.  Miracles do happen!  Here's the middle of the hair-cut we were sure was doomed for failure.  (At this point, you all would have thought so too!)
And here's the finished product.  Jackson all grown up!  What a little man!
So from now on, Jackson can take a number when it's haircut time.  He gets to get in line with all five of the Ostler men who patiently wait for their turn in Mom's hair salon. (AKA the laundry room)  :) 
We love you Jackson, you adorable little creature!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So grown up already! I'm so glad you took the Jim Carrey look alike photo though, you know, just for laughs.

Randi said...

That is perhaps one of the funniest things I have seen in a while! He looks JUST LIKE Jim Carrey! Give everyone hugs and kisses for me!

Love you all ooddels of CeCe De Peppi !?!

McPherson family said...

It is so amazing that a haircut can make a baby look so much older huh? I always hesitate to give that first haircut, it makes me realize just how old that the baby is getting! You did a wonderful job! ( I too love that middle picture!)

AngelGirl said...

Jacq, You are amazing!

B said...

OH Jacq, I can't help but let a little giggle go when I look at all three of those pictures. he is sooo cute, and it was so fun to see and hold them over thanksgiving. And to see you to and to borrow your potty! :)heehee but I don't know about Jim Carrey....did you notice the similarities to another little someone in our family who happens to live in texas?!! yes I totally think he looks like Logan when they both have the shag going on. LOVE YOU! give hugs and kisses for all of you please, even yourself!

Oma Fry said...

I can totally relate to giving those five haircuts. We did ours on Fast Saturday evening. The first one to get in line always got the warmest shower when we were done. I love keeping up with all the boys' friends from Yelm and think that little guy of yours is a real cutie. What great expressions he gets. Love to you all, Jacquie.